Here we have a stunning example of a Vintage Raleigh Road Ace, Road Racing Bike.
Made from Reynolds 531 tubing and sporting top end Shimano components of the day all round.
This bike would be perfect for a L’Eroica type event. Measures 22” (centre to centre) on the top tube and 22.5” (centre of bb to top) on the seat tube.
– Lightweight Reynolds 531 frame… I believe it still has the original paint which is a lovely pearlescent/ light blue colour ( Polar Blue).
– Shimano Dura Ace Handlebars
– Shimano 600AX components all round: stem, brake levers, downtube shifters, centre pull brake calipers, crankset , pedals, front derailleur, aero headset, hubs.
– Shimano 105 rear derailleur
– Shimano Dura ace aero seat post
– ISCA Selle Tornado suade/leather saddle in a lovely light blue colour
– The hubs are Shimano 600 AX aero hubs which are laced to Mavic GP4 Matt black rims.
As expected of a bike of this era, there are a few signs of age. The brake lever hoods could do with replacing as they have become brittle and have cracked. Not a big job, maybe £20 on eBay. The paint is amazing for it’s age, but there are a few marks here and there… the Raleigh decal has rubbed a bit and there are a few scratches on the top of the stem where someone must have stood it upside down to change a wheel!
The bike has been fully serviced prior to sale. Seat tube has been honed out and greased. Bottom bracket has been serviced and turns smoothly, brake lines have been replaced and gears have been given a once over. Schwalbe Montello tubular tyres have been fitted which roll really nicely.
Pick up from Leeds 15 or I can send via parcelforce 48 for £60, which is what it will cost to be fully insured to the value of the bike.
Current Price: £675.00
This Vintage Raleigh Road Ace, Road Racing Bike, Reynolds 531, Shimano 600ax, Eroica is being sold on eBay by redolie from Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS15 9JD